Thursday, November 10, 2011

Let the little children come

We have had the priviledge while staying here in Zambia to visit an orphanage just down the street from our house. This has become a daily treat for many on the team. There are 3 homes in the area, all run by the same organization. The first home, where I usually visit, has children 8 and under, 20 kids in all. They have many stories of being orphaned, abandoned, or unwanted. But they all share the same need, to love and to be loved. So, that is what we are doing. Loving these kids while we can: Playing, running, singing, coloring, letting them braid (and I use that term losely) our hair, and lots of Laughing. Shraing Gods Love by showing up. So, I wanted to share with you some of these beautiful faces that we have had the pleasure to get to know. And behind each face, each stare...is Christ asking us, "who will go? Who will love? Who will serve?". I am so thankful to share in their lives and laughter! 
This is Lashomo. She cries alot. She is new to the home recently being "dropped off". She has changed over the last few weeks. She smiles and has even had a fit of Laughter!

Ruthy. She is not a fan of me. Haha. But she loves Auntie Taylor and they have developed a true bond.

They build strong friendships and care for one another.

There are two special needs children at the orphanage. What a joy to help feed and bath them.
Love
Uncle Joe is a big hit. He does most of the running, spinning and climbing.

Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdon of God belongs to such as these. Mark 10:14

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the photos! I love lil preshies they make my job totally worth it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos, so glad you can love on them

    ReplyDelete