Monday, November 7, 2011

Clarity

I just want to come clean. Getting my doctorate stinks. Sorry to disappoint all those academic-types that read this, but this is my truth. It has been difficult, especially doing 2 classes while here in Zambia. The internet is sketchy at best. Last week, it took 20 minutes to download a 3 page article for a paper I was writing. So why am I doing this? I have asked myself that same question, sometimes daily. When these questions come, I reflect back to a time 2 years ago, when both Thad and I prayed for clarity on this very question. And, Yes, we did hear from God that this was what He would have me to do.
This is often the path that difficult things take in my life. I pray. Ask God if He wants me to do this or that. He says yes. It gets hard. Then I ask if He really meant what He said!
When I am having days like today, questioning if this was his path or mine, He gently reminds me of a simpler time that things were clear, when his direction and path were open in front of me.
Today I am resting in his promise of faithfulness, mercy, and perfect love that comes from the Lord, who does not change like shifting shadows.(James 1:17); and I am looking intently into his perfect law that gives freedom, not forgetting what I heard, but doing it (1:25).

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts, and something I've found really true too. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy comes in the morning sister! I've been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete